The Directorate-General for Contemporary Art and Architecture and Urban Peripheries, in occasion of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, is announcing a public procedure to finance a cultural project to valorise the material found on the website http://architetturecontemporanee.beniculturali.it/architetture/ relative to a national survey of late twentieth century Italian architecture. The call is open to public and private operators actively involved in the fields of modern and contemporary Italian architecture.
The project includes the development of a new website to support the implementation and use of the results of the national survey by anyone with an interest in this material, in order to facilitate the diffusion of the results of this research to a vaster and non-professional public.
The call also includes the integration of the contents of the survey with 100 short reportages on works of contemporary architecture considered representative of the situation in Italy, each consisting of 5-10 photographs.
The call is open to candidates (individuals or groups) that, at the time of publication of the call, meet the following requirements:
- Italian citizenship;
- operative in the specific fields of modern and contemporary architecture;
- have completed at least one project of communication relative to important works of modern and contemporary architecture (in the case of groups, all members must possess the above requirements and all references must be clearly indicated on the submission form).
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed descriptive report. Proposals may explore the following themes (suggestions only):
• multi-level maps
• visual notebooks
• modern and contemporary architectural itineraries;
• thematic itineraries (which consider spaces, authors, uses, communities)
• historic and social itineraries
• illustrated itineraries
• multimedia storytelling
• construction of shared knowledge (neighbourhood itineraries, interactive exhibitions, etc.)
• explorations of public space;
Those interested in participating can register online at www.aap.beniculturali.it/architetturecontemporanee/ beginning on 1 December 2017.
After registering, applicants can proceed with the compilation of the submission form, which must include all requested documents, signed by the legal representative. Applications must be received no later than 12 noon (CET) on 29 January 2018.
For more information about the call, questions can be sent to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 12 noon (CET) on 15 December 2017.